Friday, March 4, 2011

Thursday

Ran on the treadmill again today. I did four miles today to make up for the mile I lost yesterday. I felt pretty good at the beginning, but sore. My right calf and left upper quad were a little tight even after stretching. Not bad enough to stop me from running my required distance non-stop. I took it easy on speed today by only running a 10 min/mile pace. It took me a little longer but hopefully I'll be able to do the same distance tomorrow. With an extra long warm-up and cool-down, I traveled 5.1 miles in total.
It was a little easier to stay on the treadmill today. The people next to me were not bothersome and my boredom was abated by my netflix app for my iPhone. It's a teeny little screen but I got to watch something other than the lame TV shows that are usually broadcast midday. I must say, it does make a difference to have something to look at while running in place for 40 minutes.
About two hours after my run, I started to experience stabbing pains in my left knee. I was just walking back into school to attend my afternoon class and it hit all of a sudden. Then it went away. When I got to class and sat down it started to hurt again so I flexed my knee a few times and rubbed it a little. I planned on icing it when I got home but I had some reading to do, but shortly after I sat down to read, I was asleep. I'm icing it now and hopefully that will be enough to keep me going through the weekend. I've got only 3 miles on Saturday, so that should be a good enough rest.
I'm planning a run outside tomorrow because it's supposed to warm up a little. Hopefully I'll be able to stick it out, It's so much more of an adventure outside. The impact is much worse on roads so there is a chance I might just give up and hit the elliptical. There's no shame in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment