Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rain...

I know I should like it because it's the rain that brings all the lovely growing things that I like so much. Flowers, farmers' markets and all the leaves on the trees that shade my summertime runs.
It's just under 40 degrees out right now but it seems colder because it's so dark. It's not like a monsoon rain where I might fear being swallowed up or washed away but it is just enough for me to think twice before going out for a run in this. I know people do it but I'm just not sure how. My dog doesn't even want to go outside today.

I've got 7 miles planned today and like I've said before, I am determined to run the whole distance. I've even got my course all mapped out. I'm a big fan of Google Maps. I have the app for my iPhone and it has come in handy so many times. I don't even need a GPS. I have been mapping my runs so I know how far I'm running when I run outside. It gives me a chance to see more of the city and keeps me on top of my mileage. Yes, I do have a pedometer somewhere, if I could find it. I just think it's more fun to map it out.

Here is a link to my maps in the Madison area the last couple days: weeks 5 and 6 - Google Maps
I will be adding more to this before week 6 is over. Next Sunday is 9 miles, my longest run so far, and you better believe I won't be spending that time on a treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment