Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A little sore

Having a bit of trouble getting moving this morning. Started out with a little yoga. My muscles are still a little stiff from the 15 miles on my bike yesterday.
Rode home from work in the dark last night; that was interesting. It's a little scary sharing a space with speeding cars when it's difficult for them to see you.
Today's workout consists of 4 miles of hill repeats. I'm new to this whole marathon training thing so I guess that means I'm supposed to run up and down a hill several times until I reach my mile goal? I'm still not quite sure about that. It's a good thing most of my runs include hills anyways. Madison is built in such a way that you can't go too far without encountering at least one small hill.
I'm opting out of the hill workout to today to spend some time on the treadmill. It has been so long I think I might miss it. Maybe.
I'm definitely not going to miss the rain. It's about 35 outside and raining. That's not good. An indoor workout is just what I need.
With the exam I have today and the other school activities, it's better I stayed on campus anyways.
I'm going to shoot for 4 miles at a steady 9.5 pace. I never said I was fast. 9.5 is a reasonable goal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment