Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A closed mouth gathers no feet...

Saw that quote earlier today and I had to laugh. So true, pretend fortune cookie fortune, so true.

I have been up since very early this morning so I'm in a silly mood. I love my sleep, but I also love early mornings. I love the pinkish hue the clouds take on, the way the air smells fresh and new, and the feeling that I'm not missing anything. I always feel as if I've missed out on something when I sleep in. If I could live on 4 hours of sleep a night, I absolutely would. Then I wouldn't miss anything and I might actually have the time to do all the things on my agenda (theoretically). Probably never going to happen. I need my rest. Despite all the books and articles I've read on health in the 25 years I've been reading, I have yet to find one that says less than 8 hours of sleep is good for you. Oh well.

I got up early enough for breakfast and a bus ride to campus. I left my bike overnight because my boyfriend was kind enough to offer to give me a ride to work. I'm working on accepting help when it's offered. I got here at 7:15 with every intention of hitting the gym before class today (one of the only reasons I come here early). When I got here I realized that I had planned on doing hill repeats outside today. I won't have time for that till early evening. I have class until 3:30 today. No harm done. I'm getting down to business on my homework before class. I'm feeling pretty good about how this has worked out. 

Yesterday's rest day wasn't restful enough for my muscles to relax. I'm still a little sore from Sunday's run. Yesterday's mile on the treadmill probably didn't help much. I couldn't help it. Even though it was a rest day I just had to run, for a little bit. I'm wondering how I'll handle the 5-6 mles of hill workout later. It's about 1.25 miles to the base of my hill, and I've got 4.2 miles of repeats. Hopefully it warms up well enough. It's not supposed to rain today and the neighborhood is beautiful. I'm sure I'll be good as new after a little stretching. Besides, I can't complain now, I'll be doubly sore tomorrow morning!

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you. Good luck on those hill repeats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you ever find out how to sleep less! I would love that one!

    ReplyDelete